Contact our School and Group Coordinator at 801-456-5437 x122, or by email
and include the following information:
- Contact Name
- Group or School Name
- Preferred Visit Date and Time
- Phone Number
- Email Address
- Number of Adults and Children
- School District
|Discovery Gateway's Museum Exploration Field Trip allows students to explore the Museum with the assistance of a Museum Imagination Facilitator who will help students learn more about physics, gravity, water, careers, and more during your visit.|
Field Trip Details
- Museum Exploration Field Trips last 2 hours (there is a 5-10 minute orientation).
- Your Museum Imagination Facilitator will lead your group through the Museum galleries.
- Students receive colorful vests to wear during the field trip.
- Adults receive matching colored lanyards to wear during the field trip.
- It is expected that your chaperones will actively participate with the students during your visit.
Field Trip Guidelines
- Minimum number of students: 15, ages 1+, (except special education groups)
If your group has fewer than 15 children, you can still receive the excellent discount by paying for a total of 15 children. But please remember that siblings and other children not in your class can still count toward the group total.
- Maximum number of students per time slot: 180-200
- Price: $3.25 per child. Adult chaperones over age 18 are free.
- Reservations must be made at least 2 weeks in advance.
- Groups must arrive together.
- School groups are asked to schedule special programming (Curiosity Shop or Additional Workshops) ahead of time with the School and Group Coordinator if they are interested in participating, as these are normally reserved for our general visitors and often cannot accommodate larger groups.
- Please allow Discovery Gateway 5 business days to process your request.
- Your reservation is guaranteed only with a confirmation email.
- If you do not receive a confirmation email within 5-10 business days of your registration, contact us at 801-456-5437 x122.
Special Education Groups
There is no minimum number of students required for special education groups. Please contact us about special visit times that will accommodate the needs of your students.
Title I Schools
- Discovery Gateway offers a limited number of free admissions to schools receiving Title I funds. These admissions are distributed on a first-come, first serve basis.
- Schools receiving Title I funds, and Head Start Groups, are also eligible to apply for our Transportation Scholarship, which will off-set the cost of busing.
Please contact us at 801-456-5437 x122 for more information.
We require full payment upon arrival before your group is permitted to enter the Museum. We accept cash, credit cards, and personal checks. Purchase orders are not accepted. Please do not pay in advance. Your payment must match the total shown on the confirmation. Refunds will not be issued. If your payment does not equal the total charge, the head chaperone will be required to pay the outstanding balance. Discovery Gateway memberships do not apply toward field trip admissions.
Lunch space is not provided within the Museum for groups. The food court or the fountains (weather permitting) are two great options for large groups. Another option is the Union Pacific building. If you are interested in eating lunch at the Union Pacific, please contact The Gateway offices at (801) 456-2000. The Gateway has asked that you inform them of your group name, size of your group, and the date of your visit. The Gateway Offices only take reservations a week in advance to the date requested. Please note--it is up to you to reserve the Union Pacific building. And there is no guarantee to the use of that space until the day before your visit, due to the fact that they give priority to organizations that pay for the use of that space.